OUR COMMITMENT to PRIVACY and SECURITY
THE EQUIFAX SECURITY BREACH - WHAT YOU CAN DO
Equifax, one of the the three major credit bureau agencies, recently announced a large data breach of their system. While this breach does not affect the Florida Capital Bank system, we understand that this incident may cause concern for you and the safety of your financial information. To help you better understand the issues concerning this situation and what you can do to safeguard your information, here is a helpful document of frequently asked questions provided by The American Bankers Association. Below is some additional information on the measures we take to ensure the safety of our customers' information. If you have any questions or concerns, please email our Compliance Team at email@example.com.
We take data security very seriously and use many different systems to protect our customers’ information.
• Florida Capital Bank uses a combination of safeguards to protect customer information—such as employee training, employee accountability, strict privacy policies, rigorous security standards, encryption, and fraud monitoring and detection software.
Additional steps you can take to improve your security.
• Checking your account often for suspicious activity—either through the internet, phone or ATM— is the best way to protect yourself.
• Sign up for text or email alerts offered by Florida Capital Bank to warn of suspicious activity on your accounts.
• It’s important for customers to contact the bank immediately by phone, online banking or at the branch if they have reason to suspect fraud.
Our customers’ trust is Florida Capital Bank’s most valuable asset.
• Florida Capital Bank’s customers are protected against losses. When a customer reports an unauthorized transaction, the bank will take measures to recover your loss and protect the account.
• We are committed to continuing the banking industry’s tradition of safeguarding confidential financial information.
Online, by phone or in-person, Florida Capital Bank provides comprehensive, multi-layered, security strategies that address risks and vulnerabilities at each access point to keep your data safe. Some of the things we do every day to protect you
Real-Time Decision - We monitor debit and ATM account activity for any unusual activity, such as out-of-state charges or an expensive purchase. If something unusual is detected, we may contact you to verify the charges.
Layered Security - Our comprehensive, multi-layered security strategy addresses risks and vulnerabilities at each access point to keep your data safe. Our online systems incorporate SSL technology along with timeout and lockout features.
Account Alerts - Through Online Banking, we give you the ability to set alerts so you can monitor any unusual activity on your account, or just to keep an eye on your balances. Alerts can be sent through email or text, based on your preference.
Protecting yourself and reporting fraud
We will never request your pin or password by phone, text, or email. If you're worried you might have unintentionally compromised your Florida Capital Bank accounts, contact us immediately at 1-800-318-3159.
Resources to stay safe
• Identity Theft - consumer.ftc.gov
• Financial Fraud - stopfraud.gov
• Online Safety - staysafeonline.org
What to do if you fall victim,
• Contact us immediately.
• If you have disclosed sensitive information to a fraudster, you should also contact one of the three major credit bureaus and discuss whether you need to place a fraud alert on your file, which will help prevent thieves from opening a new account in your name.