We’re all busy, and finding small ways to save time can really add up to a more manageable lifestyle. One of the easiest ways to save time and make your life easier is by using online banking. Our customers have told us many ways that online banking has helped them. We want to share ten ways online banking can make your life easier.
1. Pay a bill from the airport. Have you ever had that sinking feeling that you forgot to pay an important bill and you’re away from home? With online banking, you can take care of your money from anywhere.
2. Visit the “bank” at midnight. It can be difficult for some people to make it to the bank during lobby hours, but with online banking you can make transfers, pay bills and access your accounts 24 hours a day.
3. Save your stamps. Instead of filling out your paper bills, writing checks, and addressing envelopes, pay your bills online with online banking.
4. Use online statements. If you’re tired of having too much paper mail cluttering up your life, access your bank statements online. They’re always available, and you can still print them if it helps you to have paper copies from time to time.
5. Forget the lines. Have you ever had to stand in line at the bank during busy times of day? You can skip the lines when you take care of your banking business from your computer.
6. Monitor your transactions mid-month. Instead of waiting until a bank statement comes in the mail, monitor your accounts whenever you feel the need. If your debit card is lost or stolen, it can be a real comfort to be able to watch your account online and make sure unauthorized transactions are not taking place until you cancel your card.
7. Avoid overdraft fees. Some customers report that online banking helps them to avoid overdraft fees. Since they’re able to check their balances any time and from any location, they don’t have to guess whether or not they have enough money in their accounts to cover transactions.
8. Make tax season easier. Online banking can make your taxes a little easier. For example, using online banking, you can see an aggregated total of payments to a certain payee to figure out which of your charges are tax deductible.
9. Use alerts. Instead of depending on your memory to help you remember when bills are due, set up online banking alerts to remind you to pay your bills at certain times of the month.
10. Never worry about bills getting lost in the mail. Mailing your bills in adds an element of uncertainty to your bill paying. Send your money directly to the payee instantly with online bill pay.
As you can see, online banking can make your life easier. For more information about online banking, or for any other banking question, contact us. We’ll be happy to help!